Saturday, November 25, 2017

Good Food, Good Friends, Good Times

Gather Around

In the uncertain ebb and flow of time and emotions, much of life is etched in the senses - when things are sweeter and simpler, when doors are always left unlocked, and people gather around food.

It is in this spirit that I share with you my top ten thoughts this Thanksgiving season.

1 When in doubt, bake cookies.

2 A party without cake is just a meeting. - Julia Child

3 People who love to eat are always the best people.

4 The best part of waking up is a mimosa in your cup.

5 I never met a meal I didn't like . - Miss Piggy

6 Chocolate is the answer. Who cares what the question is?

7 You only live once, lick the bowl.

8 Stressed is just desserts spelled backwards.

9 The only two certainties in life are: I'm going to get coffee, and I'm going to drink that coffee.

10 Oh, 'pilates?' I thought you said, 'pie and lattes.'

Life is about moments that whisper of times when you wake up in the middle of the night with a great ice cream sundae idea; of distance as you travel to the fridge to follow your dream.

And life like a rainbow of sprinkles arches between, connecting the melting
ganache to a pan of fudgy brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment