Saturday, April 9, 2022

Talavera Pottery

Southwest On My Mind

So we moved across states and rivers and valleys and mountains and deserts.

We moved away from family and friends and all I knew.  

We moved to a Midwestern state in the Great Lakes region. 

The Buckeye State.

This was a new adventure.

This was the start of our new life.



And I surely brought with me a few more mementos of my southwest roots. 

I loved them and when I loved something, I just didn't love them. I obsessed. They came home with me as well.

If I were stranded on a desert island and I could bring along one thing, what would it be?








Yes, please to my talavera-tile pottery urn and terracotta pot. A colorful heritage of the Old World. 

When I gaze at them, I see the art of a Spanish colonial period in the intricate blue and white design.

I could hear the voices of native American warriors dancing to the sound of a drum. 

(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment