Thursday, November 25, 2021

For You, I Give Thanks

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. - Melody Beattie

I am blessed to have so many great things in my life, things that have changed me, but I start and end with you - my family back home.

Inscription in Mum's handwriting: Of the seven jewels of my life here are six of them. To the missing diamond this photo is heartily dedicated.

Collage: Dad and Mum with my six brothers; four of our six dogs including their ink sketches by Dad. Manila: October 7, 1973 (four months after I had left for the US) 

Through the years, far though I've wandered across the seas, you have given me the roots to stand tall and strong.

For you, I am thankful. 

Manila: December 1996

The compass that has guided me.

My steady rock.

The inspiration to reach great heights, and my comfort when I falter.

Just as you have blessed me, in many ways that you may not even know, on this Thanksgiving Day, I'd like to celebrate you with the wish that your days may be filled with joy and peace!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment