Monday, May 30, 2022

Joy Comes In The Morning

Spread your wings, let your spirit soar. – Anonymous

This morning, when all else had seemed dismal despite a lovely sunny day, a hummingbird flew into our life. 


Just hovering there.

Staring.

It seemed like its tiny heart was pattering so fast like its wings. I thought, what a thing to have to work that hard every day just to stay alive.




Then it flew closer, attracted to the sparkling red of the feeder.







Finally sipping.


Looking at its vibrant little body with such color and wings that beat faster than thought, I felt as if I could watch the whole of life if I could hold a hummingbird in my hand.

Hummingbird In The Morning. All photos: VEV, Columbus, 2022

A messenger of beauty and wonder.

A reminder for us to taste the sweet nectar of life.

A creature of pure joy.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment