Saturday, October 14, 2023

Pennies From Heaven

Umbrellas

... Every time it rains, it rains

Pennies from Heaven

Don't you know each cloud contains

Pennies from Heaven?

Are you familiar with the song Pennies from Heaven?

It's an American popular tune introduced by Bing Crosby in the 1936 film of the same name.

I heard it a long time ago when I was young and naive. And I believed it.

I would look at each cloud, knowing that behind its shadows were bright, shiny pennies just waiting to shower upon my spirit and water my soul.


So every time it rained, I'd put my umbrella up, up, upside down.

I was hopeful that fortune would soon be falling all over town.

Have I ever caught any riches yet?

No. Not yet.

Just paltry stuff.


Like the smell of rain and its secrets. 

A feeling of peace that washes over me from the wide, open sky.

The promise of sun after the rain.




No comments:

Post a Comment