Thursday, November 22, 2018

For Every Pulse A Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day


My cup is overflowing, and I’m grateful for many things.

I'm grateful for twinkling lights and speckled maple leaves and thrift shops.

I'm grateful for home-baked crustless pumpkin pie with hot apple-cinnamon tea and precious smiles in ohana calendar pics and the best Haitian rum bundt cake in the history of boozy dessert ever.

I’m grateful for the cutest, fanged vampire and the most adorable 'floss' dancer with her energetic arm swinging, and the deadpan, comedic display of butt crack of a piano virtuoso to-be.

And most of all?

I’m grateful for all of you for being part of my quirky, flippant, sometimes shallow and full-of-myself life.

When I count my blessings, I count each of you twice. 

And let there be for every pulse a Thanksgiving
and for every breath a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment