Saturday, June 27, 2020

My Chair

Come And Sit A Spell

Put your buttocks in that chair
Then put some words on that page. - Nordic Inspirational Quote

Welcome to my world.

See that chair? That's where all the thinking and writing begin.

It’s where I dream. It’s where I create. It’s where I sit and wonder why farmhouse decor is full of shiplap board signs advertising, Fresh Baked Pies or directing you to, Sip. Eat.

You might notice that the screen display is blank.

I haven’t filled it up yet.

For the nth time, I failed to finish any new pieces of writing. (Aside: thank God for crappy first drafts that have been on stand-by so all I've had to do when a deadline comes is to edit.)

Why the so-called writer's block? The short answer is, Life got in the way. (Whom am I kidding? What life? In this era of the pandemic?) 

The honest answer? I’m unsure where I want my writing to go.

But I’m working on it.

Pinterest says, Don't think. Just write. Maybe, I'll try that really soon right after I finish my red hibiscus tea and binge on YouTube Anthropologie dupes.

Let's see. Perhaps, tell more stories? My heart always has been and always will be with stories. That’s why I write the blog because this is where the stories find a home.

Remember those about the foods of my childhood? I love to eat, so anything about food will have to be on my top stories of all time.

I've always had a soft spot for pets, both furry and feathered. What about those? And for sure, family.

In the three years and seven months I've been writing this blog (yes, I counted), you have taught me so much. That I just needed to be me. 

Thank you for encouraging and helping and suggesting and laughing.

Thank you for cheering and recognizing that shopping at Goodwill for decor can be a full-time profession and that Omek and Yelfred are the epitome of true friendship. 

I am SO LUCKY to write this blog and have amazing readers.

Just.Like.You.

As I have learned, blogging is a little like a snowball. You start small. You roll and roll and roll and feel like you’re not getting anywhere. But then, one day you get a little traction. And a little more. And a little more. And before you know it, you are chasing a giant blogging snowball down the hill.

I know that there are more exciting next chapters and blogs to come. I still haven't written about the Eiffel Tower or Morocco or the Red Square in Moscow, but all this talking has me a little worn out.

It's a perfect day to sit on the divan under the crabapple trees and relax. Or curl in a rocking chair to think. Maybe I'll come up with some really simple ideas to write about... 

….and  tomorrow, I'll sit on this very chair again.

And w-r-i... Z-z-z-z...



No comments:

Post a Comment