Saturday, October 31, 2020

Crafting In The Age Of Covid

Pandecrafts 

Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schulz

To date, Day 223 PE (Pandemic Era) since lockdown and now-limited outings except for essential work and activity...

   I've finished Netflix's entire movie offerings, new and old. 

   I've been eating double bowls of ramen and taking three naps.

   I've been shopping HomeGoods and thrift shops via YouTube.  

Yup, that's me. It's getting to be pretty boring. But I've resolved to be productive with the shelter-in-place time on my hands.

BY.CRAFTING.TILL.I.DROP.

Herein revealed are my creations using materials I already had on hand.

Exhibit A (left): Framed Anatolyan kilim needlepoint with yarn feather tassels. It hangs in the master bath. 












Below, Exhibit B (left): Anatolyan kilim needlepoint centerpiece and Exhibit C (right): Macrame (on a formerly thrifted wrought-iron plaque) above our bed headboard.


 
Exhibit D (above): Navajo-design needlepoint coasters.

Below, Exhibit E (left): Cross stitched tribal and crocheted mudcloth-design pillow covers and Exhibit F (right): Tabletop moss garden on an RH-duped pedestal bowl.


And just in, Exhibit G (right): Fall wreath. 

These projects get the A Craft A Day Keeps The Crazy Away Award.

I just saw the sun peeking through the October sky. The day is looking brighter, inspiring me to yet create another craft. I have some discarded curtain rods - to frame a canopy for the kids' top bunk bed, perhaps? ... if I can remember where I put the rods.

The point?

Keep calm and craft on.

Sometimes we already have what we need to make a project. Given enough glue sticks, we can rule the world. We just need a little creativity and balmy fall days.

Good thing there are plenty of those on the horizon.


No comments:

Post a Comment