Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Happy Birthday, My Rainbow!

Moment the sky embraces the earth is called a rainbow. - Corina Negura

There was this baby girl who, like a rainbow, came into our life that one early, foggy morning in Chicago. 

She was so cute that her Pa thought she would even be cuter if he drew a beard and mustache on her tiny face.

I thought she looked like a sampaguita flower. I nicknamed her, Gigit.

She was doted on by her Sissy. She called her, Eye-eye.

What wasn't to like? She was fun-sized, tiny, vertically-challenged, ticklish, and giggly.

I often would dress her in an outfit that matched Elder Sister's. Same robe after a bath.

Matching clothes while at play in the snow or in a sandbox in Milwaukee.

The question I was always asked, Are they twins? How I wish now that I had the cheekiness to say, No, I found the extra kid in the parking lot and thought, Why not?

Someone said that in the cookies of life, a little girl is the chocolate chips. She was -  and more.


 

She was the cool breeze in a humid afternoon in Hawaii. 

The one with the impish grin (not sure what smile# that was), posing with a childhood friend in California and her Sissy. 

The accomplice to a no-longer-secret acquisition of pet bunnies. 

The adorable clown playing hand bells to the tune of Send in the Clowns. 


From a mini-me, she grew up, striking a signature clasped-arms pose in her kindergarten photo...

... and in her senior pic as well.




Like her Sissy, she became an accomplished classical pianist performing in monthly recitals and special occasions.







And she grew older, celebrating with us many milestone occasions...










... and vacations.







Today she's a little bit older, a lot more fabulous, and professionally accomplished. Talk about being CIV of the Month for the Columbus Division of Police.  

Or being recipient of a surprise-of-a-lifetime collective gesture and monetary gift for outstanding service at the height of the pandemic.



And best of all? Just as she has been a blessing to us, she herself has received the best gift of all.

Someone who stole her heart and calls her, Mama.

Today is a celebration for Eye-eye on her birthday.

My rainbow, Gigit, my anchor.

Our Second Daughter.






All life's best to you on this especial day!

With you by my side, I do know that it we'w be o'wight. 








P.S. My anchor, attached to an open parachute, has just soared over 300 feet into the air and is getting towed by a motorboat. 

Lord, have mercy!






Parasailing. Gulf Shores, Alabama: August 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment