Saturday, October 2, 2021

Coffee Bar

Procraftinating

Definition: Working on craft projects when you should be doing laundry, making dinner, or cleaning house

Being crafty isn't just a hobby. It's a way of life. So, here's my life, starting with this DIY coffee station at home.
 
There are so many ways to set it up.

You can use your kitchen counter or build it from a vintage crate or a pallet shelf. Add the right accessories, like a cute wire basket and a milk glass vase of dried eucalyptus and cotton bolls.

But what really brings it to life, Pinterest says, is that slogan on the wall. The ​quote that urges you, Rise and grind.

The framed affirming statement, All you need is love and more coffee.

The hopeful wish, May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.

Of course, I wanted a coffee bar but - puleeze! - none of the farmhouse signs that direct your every action. Drink. Early bird. Sip. Sorry... not my style.

I did concede to a sign. 

After binge staring at Pinterest for hours and hours and hours…

… I discovered that in addition to the coffee maker all my setup needed was this.


A 3"x3" framed canvas. 


Up top was a stamped image of two small monstera fronds.

Right-justified and decoupaged on the bottom was text, all lowercase, in my favorite Chambord script font, stay grounded.

I liked the metaphor and the fact that it wasn't trite.

So here’s to coffee, real and decaf. 


And remember, stay grounded.

I can drink to that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment