Saturday, January 13, 2024

I'll Be Seeing You

Talking To The Moon 

... And when the night is new, I'll be looking at the moon but I'll be seeing you. - Song Lyrics recorded by Bing Crosby, 1944

Do you feel woozy every time your object of affection passes by your desk in class? Do you swoon with delirious happiness whenever he says as much as, Hi?

Well, guess who's having a crush?

Pimply teen me in second year high school.

A fallen victim to that wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise, and the lips to pucker.

Impish, youthful love.

That was when I woke up in the morning and went to school, just so I could see his face.



It was that time when I'd spend hours trying to find one imperfection, and I just couldn't find any.

It was when I'd hear a song on the radio, and looking up at the moon as the single most romantic place in the galaxy, I'd hum the tune, 

I'll be seeing you... All day through 


... thinking about him with Every.Single.Word.

It may be that the moon was looking upon many night flowers, and the night flowers saw but one moon.

But for me, that eventide, I looked at the moon and was only seeing you. (Sigh...)

In hindsight, how pathetically adolescent.


No comments:

Post a Comment