Thursday, September 28, 2023

It's Libra Season!

Try To Remember

I'm such a Libra, it's not even funny my sign represents me so well. - Cardi B

In 1974, McDonald’s hamburger cost 28 cents, and a hot apple pie was 26 cents. Also, candy consumers first tasted the rainbow of fruit flavors with Skittles’ hard sugar shells. 

The biggest scandal that hit the US? Yep, it happened that year when Richard Nixon was forced to resign as President after the Watergate scandal.

So, what else transpired in 1974?

I've never been up on the news, but I do know of a single significant event that happened, specifically on September 28, that overshadowed all these.

My rainbow was born.

Two favorite characters of mine in a childhood book were Doreen and Iris. I wanted to be called Doreen, but Mum chose to nickname me Doris instead. 

As for the name Iris, I told myself, Some day, there is going to be an Iris in my life. I just knew there was something especial about that moniker, as I learned some years later in a high school mythology class that it was an appellation for the rainbow goddess. 

That some day came some 49 years ago.


And I try to remember...

The zodiac says that as a Libra, my Iris will exhibit the energy of balance, harmony, and justice.

Represented by the scales, she will strive to maintain equilibrium.

Maybe so, but she is much more. 

Since that time when I realized snuggling with me on the rocking chair might be the last time together before she wasn't a baby anymore, my Iris has grown to be strong, spirited, and beautiful - inside and out.



She lives by the sun and loves by the moon.

Peachy Toes


She has a quiet and sweet side, as well as a fun and crazy side. 

Yes, she's just a normal young woman, but way cooler. 




Wine is the divine juice of September. - Voltaire


I'd drink to that!

What do you say? Let's celebrate. 


It's Libra season!

Happy birthday to 

my September sweetheart!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment