Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sounds

Try To Remember 

Each memory has a soundtrack of its own. - Anonymous

It's all about sound. It's that simple.

The noise of rumbling Marikina buses, street noises at night, the rustle of dry leaves burning in a bonfire.

Crunching pan de sal, the creaking bed spring of my blue bed.

Nat King Cole's silky rendition of Autumn Leaves. The train whistle from a long way off. The sound of rain on the galvanized iron rooftop of our home in the compound.

It can be a secret sound, the real sound which is inside you.

Sounds whispered, soul-to-soul, in silence. Never-heard of, yet the silence contains all the sounds, all the words.



These are some of the motley sounds that I like to follow, even as they grow fainter in the far-off, lonely places of my mind each day. 

In listening to them, perhaps I can hear my soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment