Saturday, September 30, 2023

Touch

Try To Remember

Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts. - Charles Dickens

I've heard it said. I can be coldhearted at times. 

My rationale?

I'm not against showing emotions, but there's a time and a place. More so, as my strongest feelings had expired when ignored and taken for granted in the past, I feel that it's the best way to safeguard my heart from re-living the hurt.

But I do care.

All I need is a change from a near frigid to a tropical state of mind. I tell myself that I'll strive to make my life like an open fireplace so that people may be warmed and cheered by it.

I'll remember to open my mind. Realize that I can touch others in all the right places without physical touching. 

Recall that alternatively, touch can be physical affection, skin on skin. Intimacy. When you get weird with someone and find that it's okay.

Maybe I can get the knack of physically reaching out and taking someone's hand. Or, allow someone to take mine. I do remember how a long time ago, being touched like that felt like millions of tiny universes being born and then dying in the space between someone's finger and my skin.

I can start small. Get down pat being chummy with those who don't see my imperfections.

Some angels choose fur instead of wings. - Anonymous

Communicate. Interact and touch the miracle of being alive.

Be present. 

I'll try to remember...

And when I remember, I'll follow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment