Saturday, May 11, 2024

My Dream And Mum

Dreams

 Dreams are today’s answers to tomorrow’s questions. - Edgar Cayce

Haven't gotten any responses from you on your dreams! There's still time.

*****

Now, on the topic at hand - that of dreams that helped to resolve a problem.

I had one that involved my Mum whom I remember this Mother's Day. 

You may remember me talking about siesta as my favorite time of the day. While my brothers would sleep, I'd stay awake and sit by my Mum who would be sewing or darning clothes.

You may also recall me saying that Mum always took this time to recite a litany of reminders about good manners and her myths on food and drink. Bitter melon is the secret to beauty. You won't grow tall if you drink too much coffee.

Voicelessly, I was saying, Yeah, yeah, yeah.

That one afternoon, though, she was unusually thoughtful. Peering from the pages of the komiks I was reading, I could see her furrowed brows. Her hands had slid up to her face. As she smoothed non-existent strands of hair off her forehead, she started talking about the Llenado property. I didn't understand why, but the fact was it was being claimed back by a certain Senor Pepillo.  

I was nonchalant at first until I realized that was where Lolo Gorio's and our home were situated. Mum was worried. We'd have to move out. But where to?

That night, I had a dream.

Mum and I were wandering the streets, seemingly without purpose or destination. After making the round of the neighborhood, I pointed something out to her.

'Mie! Right there. That's where we can move out to.

As we walked closer to the place, we discovered it was the same exact location where our house was situated.

As I recounted my dream, I remembered Mum looking at me as if I'd just told her about the formula for a secret rocket fuel. She breathed loud, the air coming out of her nose like wind. 

Then she hugged me.

Immediately, we got dressed and she dragged me along to Senor Pepillo's office where she pleaded for him to divide the huge property and allow us to buy the area where our house currently stood. She spoke earnestly, holding his eyes with hers to convince him of her sincerity and her interest.

I was quiet, holding my own breath. At the time, it seemed like it was just my Mum and I against the rest of the world.

Senor Pepillo remained settled in his chair, the lines in his cheeks deepening. He looked deep in thought. Then he smiled. He thrust out a hand, his handshake emphatic.

Mum's earnest plea was a winner. Only twelve or thirteen at the time, I think of Mum smiling brilliantly at me as I co-signed the deed of sale.




The dream psychologists were right. While I was asleep, my inactive mind had actively popped up a solution in my dream.

Emilia Compound: front apartment. Behind is 2nd apt which was our original home, now renovated. Apts 3 and 4 were built. afterward.




Emilia Compound now stands on the original location of our first home. 


My dream

and my Mum's

that had come true.


***

Shall we continue with the meaning of some more of our dreams?


Have you dreamed of flying or being chased?

Have you had any recurring dreams? 

Being naked in public? Finding money? Failing a test?

Please let me know. Include details, if you can - and we can talk about these in the next blog.

Until then, dream on!

(To be continued)



 




No comments:

Post a Comment