Saturday, December 12, 2020

Getting Totally Elfing Blitzened

I know what I want to write about.

Christmas decorations.

All the merry and bright that fill the house.

The door wreath and shiny red and green balls hanging from greenery on the bookcase.

And how I found a vintage-looking potted, pre-lit Christmas tree for only $5.99 at the Goodwill.

And how I figured out a green sari made a perfect skirt for it.

Stuff just like that.

Moving forward though, I have begun to notice an emerging décor theme that I thought I'd like to focus on.

Reindeers. 

A small herd is prancing here and there and about the house. 


Here on the coffee table is a woven raffia caribou heading home for the holidays (right).



Beautifully silhouetted on a corner table in the dining area is a painted metal reindeer (below, left).



Regally standing on the pass-through ledge between the kitchen and the living room is a brass reindeer ten-tier candelabra (above, right).

Without my even realizing it, my Christmas ornamentation has become totally elfing blitzened.

But indulge my being extra. You already know that I can't help it. Being obsessed, that is.

Who knows? Next year, elves perhaps?

And just about to take off the deck, in the meantime, is the crowning glory of my antler passion - an LED rope light lit reindeer, soon to pull a sleigh through the night sky.


I can't wait to hear Santa whistle and shout:

Now, on! 

To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall;

Now dash away, dash away! 

Dash away all!

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment