Saturday, June 29, 2024

Granny Square Fanny Pack

Purses 


Granny square is a classic crochet pattern.

It refers to any type of crocheted square that is worked in the round.

It uses double crochet stitches worked in clusters of three with two chain stitches separating the sets.



Left: Small coin purse. Right: Fanny pack.

Not to bore you with crochet talk, I'll segue into my brilliant idea of how I used up such squares.

I stitched several of them together to make a fanny pack for keys and a cell phone.

Perfect for a walk.

Four of them sewn into a larger square, then folded in, transformed into a small coin purse.



That's right.

Even though the world is becoming more digital, there will still be occasions when you may need change. Instead of keeping it loose at the bottom of a gangly bag, I can use this stylish container instead.

So, grannies need no longer be square. They can be hip as well, literally and figuratively.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment