Saturday, March 9, 2024

I Wanted To Be A Radio Announcer

Things You Didn't Know About Me 

Don't give up on your dreams. Keep sleeping. - Anonymous

In my pre-teen years, I had dreamed of being a radio announcer.

Just like Leila Benitez, a Filipino-born American radio host, presenter, journalist and broadcaster. 

She was my idol.

At noontime when she came on the legendary Student Canteen program, I'd tune in and be all ears.


Mark Twain once said that the secret of making progress is to get started.

Thus inspired, at fourteen years, I put in the effort to make my dream a reality. I dared to audition at the local Chronicle Broadcasting Network, the CBN in what would be the behemoth ABS-CBN.


So, what happened? I didn't make it. (Sigh)

But I remembered the adage, Follow your dream, so I went back to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment